Care Assistant - Personal Home carer
You can change someone's life.
As a Care Assistant in Barnstaple, Tiverton, Bideford, Bude, and the surrounds, you will work alongside a team of health and social care workers to provide care for children with complex care needs in their own homes.
- Assisting with tasks like shopping, day-to-day tasks and appointments
- Posture care
- Feeding and PEG
- Assisting with dressing
- Assisting with trips out
- A competitive remuneration of £12.22 per hour, including holiday pay
- Take control of when you get paid with instant Flexi Pay
- Fixed hours on a rota basis
- Access to Newcross World, a new world of learning, to manage skills, learn new ones and unlock new opportunities in the care sector
- Access to NHS registered GPs and mental health support to avoid waiting for NHS appointments
- Free DBS and uniform
What you'll need
We look for carers with at least 3 months of caring experience or experience caring for a loved one. We do also accept applications from individuals with experience in caring for a loved one. However, we’re not just looking for clinical experience - we also want candidates to demonstrate occasions where they have exhibited our core values of positivity, trustworthiness, respectfulness, understanding, kindness, and calmness.
If you do not have a current Moving and Handling certificate, we will support you with training during your induction period.
The right to work in the UK is a must-have, as is access to a smart device. Access to your own vehicle would be beneficial but is not a requirement.
Please note: To work in a care home in England from 11 November 2021, the post holder is required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 unless clinically exempt
Instantly access up to 50% of your current shifts value, even on weekends and bank holidays! This is all done via our easy to use app, HealthForceGo.