Care Assistant - Personalised Care
Are you a dedicated and compassionate carer?
Newcross is searching for professional Care Assistants to give person-centred care to service users living with complex care needs in their own homes in Bury St.Edmunds, Stowmarket, Haverhill and the surrounding areas.
- Administering person-centred care to service users living in their own homes
- Giving care in line with a personal care plan
- Posture care
- Meal preparation
- Social activities
- Championing unique needs
Withdraw up to 50% of the value of your shift on the same day you work it! Simply submit your timesheets before 5pm and choose when you get paid. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Why Choose Newcross?
- Minimum hours guarantee of 20 hours of work per week
- Organised rotas set up to 4 weeks in advance to suit your ongoing commitments
- Free specialist training programs earned through credits as you work
We now give our candidates the option to do their interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed.
Newcross offers a variety of free training programs covering a variety of topics and all accessed through credits earned as you work. These include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Dementia Care, Epilepsy, PEG, Medication Administration and many more.
- Salary of up to £14.80/hr including holiday pay
- Perks at Work
- Permanent flexible contract
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Flexi Pay - Access up to 50% of the value of your shift on the same day!
- Free ongoing training and development programs through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
Take advantage of Perks at Work, our employee discount scheme, which gives you access to discounts within high street retailers across the UK.
Our fantastic Norwich branch is based at 7/13 Orford Place, just a short walk from Norwich train station. The first Newcross branch in the east of England, we're now able to deliver the Newcross standard of person-centred care to clients across Norfolk.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Submit your application and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch.
Join us today!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!