Care Assistant - Personalised Care
Are you a carer looking for a change in your career?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking experienced Care Assistants to care for our service users with complex care needs living in their own homes in North Walsham, Cromer, Stalham, Aylsham, Sheringham and the surrounding areas of Norfolk.
As a Care Assistant, you will assist service users with complex care needs and ensure that they are able to live as independently as possible. Tasks that you will support with include personal care, clinical needs, medication support, feeding and PEG care and many more.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or working in a supporting role you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Our new app feature allows you to withdraw up to 50% of the value of your shifts within the same day! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Choose our Newcross team!
Newcross gives you the opportunity to access a minimum hours guarantee, free specialised training programs earned through credits as you work and organised rotas set up to 4 weeks in advance.
Training & Development
Join our Newcross team and broaden your skill set with a variety of free training programs earned through credits as you work. Topics include Basic Life Support, End of Life Care, PEG, Dementia Care, Epilepsy, Safeguarding Adults and many more.
- Salary of up to £14.80/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent flexible contract
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free client specific training to ensure you have the skills required for this role
- Free ongoing training and development available through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
Our fantastic Norwich branch is based at 7/13 Orford Place, just a short walk from Norwich train station. The first Newcross branch in the east of England, we're now able to deliver the Newcross standard of person-centred care to clients across Norfolk.
Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.