Care Assistant - Children
Do you want to benefit from flexible working hours?
As a Care Assistant in Bridgwater, you will be a real people's person with the natural ability of making everyone around you smile. You will benefit from flexible working hours and a benefit package to reward you for all the hard work you put in.
You will work alongside a group of health and social care workers in the homes of our service users and your main duties will include assisting children with complex care tasks such as tracheostomy, PEG care, epilepsy, medication support, personal care and any additional duties required.
Various shift patterns include, days: 08:00-16:00 (Monday-Friday) and nights: 20:00-08:00.
- An hourly rate of up to £16.59, including holiday pay
- Instant pay with Flexi Pay - never wait for payday again
- Fixed hours on a rota basis so you can plan ahead
- Access to Newcross World, our app-based training platform
- Access to NHS registered GPs via a Virtual GP app and mental health support
- Free DBS and uniform
You will need to have the following speficifications in order to apply for this rewarding role:
- At least 3 months of experience caring professionally or for a loved one within the past 3 years within the UK.
- A valid Moving and Handling certficiate
- You'll be fuelled by your desire to make a real difference to the lives of people in need.
- You must have the right to work in the UK.
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not required.
- Access to a smartphone device is required as you will have to submit your shifts via our app.
Please note: To work in a care home in England from 11 November 2021, the post holder is required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 unless clinically exempt.
Instantly access up to 50% of your current shifts value, even on weekends and bank holidays!