Care Assistant - Children
Make a difference, join us!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking compassionate Female Care Assistants to care for a young boy living with Epilepsy in the Exeter area.
We have a unique app feature that allows healthcare staff to receive an advance of up to 50% of the value of their shifts within the same day! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
As a Female Care Assistant, you will be assisting our service user with a variety of tasks designed to enable him to live as independently as possible. You will support with personal care, social integration activities, clinical requirements, night time monitoring, completing MAR charts and seizure charts along with any other additional services required.
The ideal candidates will have prior experience of providing care to service users with tracheostomy but we can provide any additional training required.
The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months
- Have access to a smartphone, with internet access to manage your rotas
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Our service user is below the age of 10 and has epilepsy and a variety of additional complex care needs that you will provide assistance with.
You will provide night time monitoring for when he requires intervention for his tracheostomy and for signs of seizures.
- Salary of up to £15.35/hr including holiday pay
Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Access to free training programs earned through credits as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team and clinical governance team
Choose our Newcross team!
Working with us enables you to benefit from a minimum hours guarantee, organised rotas set up to 4 weeks in advance and free specialised training programs earned through credits as you work.
Your local team
Your local branch is based in Exeter, and covers a wide area of East Devon, including Crediton, Exmouth, Sidmouth, Honiton, Axminster and Okehampton.
You can find us at 31-33 Southernhay East, located in the city centre, close to the cathedral and Exeter train station.
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
Submit your application and a friendly member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.