Care Assistant - Children
A carer like you makes a difference!
We're actively seeking professional Care Assistants to join our team in Plymouth and the surrounds, encouraging our service users to live a rich, independent life. You'll cover night shifts aiding children living with a variety of needs including brain/spinal injuries, Tracheostomy care, MS, Epilepsy, physical and Learning Disabilities.
In this role, you'll work as part of a close-knit, collaborative team of health and social care workers, delivering care in the home. Without support from people like you, these individuals may live a life in specialist units or hospitals, rather than in their own home.
With at least 3 months experience of caring professionally or for a loved one under your belt, and with a valid certificate in Moving and Handling, and the right to live and work in the UK. We also expect you to demonstrate our core values of positivity, trustworthiness, respectfulness, understanding, kindness, and calmness on every shift. Passion and determination to bring comfort and joy to our service users is a must. Access to your own vehicle would be beneficial, but is not a requirement.
With Flexi Pay, our healthcare staff are able to instantly withdraw up to 50% of the value of their existing shifts even on weekends and bank holidays.
Take advantage of
- A competitive pay package of £16.81 per hour, including holiday pay
- Get instant pay with Flexi Pay
- Fixed hours, determined by a rota so that you can see your free time ahead
- Free ongoing training courses and specialist apprenticeships to take your career in the direction of your choosing
- Access to NHS registered GPs and mental health support to avoid waiting for NHS appointments
- Free uniform and DBS check