Care Assistant - Children
At Newcross, we believe everyone deserves the right to receive care in their own home. Do you?
As a Care Assistant in Plymouth, you'll be the person that brings smiles to the faces of the people in our care. You'll become part of our dedicated health and social care team, covering night shifts to support children living with complex care needs such as brain/spinal injuries, Tracheostomy care, MS, Epilepsy, physical and Learning Disabilities.
This role is a chance to make a real difference in the lives of the children in your care - without your support, they may live a life constrained to specialist units or hospitals.
Your benefits package
- A competitive pay package of £16.81 per hour, including holiday pay
- Get instant pay with Flexi Pay
- Fixed hours, determined by a rota so that you can see your free time ahead
- Free ongoing training courses and specialist apprenticeships to take your career in the direction of your choosing
- Access to NHS registered GPs and mental health support to avoid waiting for NHS appointments
- Free uniform and DBS check
No more waiting around for payday! With Flexi Pay, you can instantly access up to 50% of the value of your existing shifts (even on weekends and bank holidays). All managed through our handy app, HealthForceGo!
What we're looking for
We require all complex care workers to have around 3 months of experience in a professional care setting or caring for a loved one. You'll need to be a real people person and always be willing to go the extra mile to ensure the best possible outcomes are met.
You'll need to be happy assisting clients who may have limited mobility, however, if you do not have a valid Moving and Handling certificate, we can provide relevant training modules for you to complete in the induction process. Access to your own vehicle is desirable, and the right to work in the UK is required.