Care Assistant - Children
At Newcross, we're transforming home care across the UK. Be a part of it.
As a Care Assistant in Taunton, Bridgwater and the surrounds, you'll reap the rewards of enabling people to live every day to its fullest potential. You'll be supporting children with personal care tasks, posture care, medication support, clinical needs, feeding and PEG care, social activities and any other services needed. You'll work harmoniously as part of a team of health and social care workers to provide vital care to vulnerable people in your area.
- An hourly rate of up to £14.89, including holiday pay
- Instant pay with Flexi Pay, which means you'll never need to wait for payday again
- Fixed hours on a rota basis so you can plan ahead
- Free, ongoing clinical training to support you in your career
- Care for the caregiver with exclusive access to appointments and advice from NHS-registered GPs via a Virtual GP app and mental health support
To apply for this rewarding role, you will need to have a minimum of 3 months of prior experience in a professional care setting or caring for a loved one. This will ensure you have an emotional and clinical understanding of what it takes to deliver home care.
You'll need to be an approachable and understanding people person, ready to become a key part of your service users' support network. You may need to assist clients with limited mobility, however, if you do not have a valid Moving and Handling certificate, we can provide relevant training modules for you to complete in the induction process. Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not required, as is the right to work in the UK.
Flexi Pay gives you the freedom to choose when you get paid. Simply submit your timesheets through our HealthForceGo® app and you'll be able to instantly withdraw up to 50% of the value of your shifts even on weekends and bank holidays!