Care Assistant - Children
Is building meaningful and lasting relationships with the people you care for important to you?
As a Care Assistant in Taunton, Bridgwater and the surrounds, you'll be well-practiced at multitasking and enjoy the variety of tasks that come with delivering care in the home. You'll be assisting children with personal care tasks, medication support, posture care, clinical needs and social activities. This role provides you with a unique chance to really grow in your career, take on new responsibilities and enjoy the lasting relationships that build with service users and their support networks. With your help, the people in your care can continue living in their own home, rather than living away from their loved ones in a specialist unit.
With at least 3 months of professional experience, or experience of caring for a loved one, you'll be well-placed to apply. You'll need a valid Moving and Handling certificate and feel comfortable helping service users with limited mobility. The right to work in the UK is a requirement. In addition to your caregiving experience, you should be able to demonstrate occasions where you have exhibited our core values of positivity, trustworthiness, respectfulness, understanding, kindness, and calmness. We'll expect you to uphold these values when on shift. Access to your own vehicle would be beneficial, but is not a requirement.
- An hourly rate of up to £14.89, including holiday pay
- Instant pay with Flexi Pay, which means you'll never need to wait for payday again
- Fixed hours on a rota basis so you can plan ahead
- Free, ongoing clinical training to support you in your career
- Care for the caregiver with exclusive access to appointments and advice from NHS-registered GPs via a Virtual GP app and mental health support
Flexi Pay enables our healthcare staff to instantly withdraw an advance of up to 50% of the value of their existing shifts even on weekends and bank holidays!