Care Assistant Days
Help us change lives!
As a Care Assistant in Callington and the surrounds, you'll be well-practiced at multitasking and enjoy the variety of tasks that come with delivering care in the home. You'll helping with personal care tasks, feeding and PEG care, clinical needs, posture care and social activities. This role provides you with a unique chance to really grow in your career, take on new responsibilities and enjoy the lasting relationships that build with service users and their support networks.
We're looking for people who have at least 3 months paid professional experience care or have cared for a loved one. You'll need a valid certificate in Moving and Handling and the right to work in the UK. On top of experience, we expect all of our carers to be able to tell us of a time they have exhibited our core values of: positivity, trustworthiness, respectfulness, understanding, kindness, and calmness. You'll need to live by these values whenever you're at work. Access to your own vehicle would be beneficial, but is not a requirement.
Please note: To work in a care home in England from 11 November 2021, the post holder is required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 unless clinically exempt.
Flexi Pay gives your healthcare staff the opportunity to instantly withdraw up to 50% of the value of their shifts even on weekends and bank holidays!
- Salary of £14.43 per hour, including holiday pay
- The ability to choose when you get paid with our instant Flexi Pay service
- An immersive learning experience through Newcross World, our app-based training platform
- Fixed hours, determined by a rota so that you can see your free time ahead
- Free ongoing training courses and specialist apprenticeships to take your career in the direction of your choosing
- Access to NHS registered GPs and mental health support to avoid waiting for NHS appointments
- Free DBS and uniform