Care Assistant Days
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of individuals with complex healthcare needs?
We're actively seeking experienced Care Assistants to join our team in Plymouth, encouraging our service users to live a rich, independent life. In this role, you'll cover day shifts and work as part of a close-knit, collaborative health and social care team, delivering care in the home.
You'll follow each individual's care plan, assisting them with personal care tasks, clinical needs and any additional services required. You'll receive specialist training, tailored to the package of care you're assigned to.
The ideal applicant will have prior experience in tracheostomy care, CPAP/BiPAP, cough assist and moving & handling.
You'll be an empathetic and compassionate caregiver, with experience of caring professionally or for a loved one. You'll be comfortable assisting clients with limited mobility and hold a valid Moving and Handling certificate. You'll be fuelled by your desire to make a real difference in the lives of people in need.
The right to work in the UK is essential and access to your own vehicle is desirable.
Why join Newcross?
- A competitive pay package of £13.15 per hour, including holiday pay
- The ability to choose when you get paid with our instant Flexi Pay service
- Fixed hours, determined by a rota so that you can see your free time ahead
- Free ongoing training courses and specialist apprenticeships to take your career in the direction of your choosing
- Access to NHS registered GPs and mental health support to avoid waiting for NHS appointments
- Free DBS and uniform
Healthcare staff have the option to immediately access up to 50% of the value of their existing shifts when they submit their timesheets via our bespoke app, HealthForceGo! Flexi Pay can also be accessed on weekends and bank holidays.