Care Assistant - Brain Injury
Do you want to broaden your skill set?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking committed Care Assistants to care for our service users living with complex care needs in their own homes within Exeter and the surrounding local areas.
The Local Branch - Our Exeter team are based in Sandpiper Court, just a short distance from Pinhoe train station.
Same Day Pay
Do you find unexpected costs effect your life? Newcross Healthcare can remove some of the stresses of last minute expenses by offering you Flexi Pay! Our app feature allows you to withdraw 'same day pay' for up to 50% of the value of your shift.
Simply digitally submit your timesheet and you can choose when you withdraw your pay! Weekends and bank holidays are also included.
About The Position
As a Newcross Care Assistant, you will be:
- Assisting with person-centred day-to-day tasks
- Aiding with any clinical requirements
- Helping with development and progression
- Building relationships with service users and their family members
- Encouraging integration and participation within the local community and other residents
The ideal candidate will be dedicated and compassionate, who will uphold our caring philosophy with a person-centred focus, whilst promoting the dignity and independence of our service users.
It is highly desirable that you have previous experience of providing care to adults living with brain injuries and challenging behaviour.
- Salary of up to £13.06/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Permanent flexible contract
- Flexi Pay - Same day pay app feature
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Perks At Work - Over 30,000 discounts across 80 UK high street retailers
With us, you have the opportunity to access a guarantee of 20 hours of work per week and organised rotas set up to 4 weeks in advance to suit your needs.
You Will Need:
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care role or environment
- Referee contact details for your current workplace, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course within the last 12 months - or you are willing to complete one with Newcross Healthcare
- Access to a smart phone or device, with internet access to manage your rotas and timesheets on our HealthForceGo app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
Learn With Free Training
Working with us gives you unprecedented access to a broad catalogue of free training programs earned through credits as you work. We cover various topics and give you the opportunity to develop your current skill set.
Topics include Medication Administration, PEG, Epilepsy, Dementia Care, Safeguarding Adults and many more.
Take The Next Steps
Click 'Apply' to submit an application and a member of our friendly recruitment team will be in touch.
Join The Team Today!
If you cannot apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way