Care Assistant - Personalised Care
Are you passionate about providing high-quality care?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking dedicated Care Assistants to care for our service users living with complex care needs in their own homes in Exmouth, Budleigh Salterton, Cullompton, Crediton, Okehampton and the surrounding areas.
As a Care Assistant, you will be providing consistent high-quality care and support to our service users with a variety of complex care needs. You will assist them with personal care, medication support, feeding and PEG care, meal preparation, social activities and any additional tasks needed.
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!
Our innovative HealthForceGo® app feature allows healthcare staff to enjoy having exclusive access to up to 50% of the value of their shifts within the same day! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
What makes our Newcross team different?
With us, you will have unprecedented access to free tailored training programs earned through credits as you work, minimum hours guarantee included within our permanent contracts and organised rotas set in advance.
- Salary of up to £15.35/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Permanent contract with weekly pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Perks at Work - 30,000 discounts within high street retailers nationwide
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current workplace, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross
- You will need access to a Smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not mandatory
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Our Exeter branch are based in Sandpiper Court, just a short distance from Pinhoe train station.
Apply now and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.