Care Assistant - Brain Injury
We want care assistants like you to join our team!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking compassionate Care Assistants to care for our service users living with complex care needs in their own homes within Exeter and the surrounding areas.
Our new 'same day pay' service allows you to be paid on the same day through our HealthForceGo® app! Simply submit your timesheets before 5pm and receive up to 50% of the value of your shift.
As a Care Assistant, you will provide high-quality care to our service users living with complex care needs in their own homes. You will assist with personal care, clinical requirements, medication support, feeding and PEG care and any additional services required.
It is highly desirable that you have previous experience of providing care to adults living with brain injuries and challenging behaviour.
- Salary of up to £13.06/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Permanent flexible contract
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Various discounts available within high street retailers in the UK
Work with our Newcross team!
Newcross provides you with the opportunity to benefit from a minimum hours guarantee, organised rotas set in advance and free specialised training programs earned through credits as you work.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care role or environment
- Referee contact details for your current workplace, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course within the last 12 months - or you are willing to complete one with Newcross Healthcare
- Access to a smart phone or device, with internet access to manage your rotas and timesheets on our HealthForceGo app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
Training & Development opportunities
Have the chance to develop your existing skill set with a comprehensive range of free training programs earned through credits as you work and with various topics covered. These vary but include Basic Life Support, Dementia Care, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration and many more.
Our Exeter branch is based in Sandpiper Court, just a short distance from Pinhoe train station.
Apply now and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way