Care Assistant - Days & Waking Nights
We are looking for carers like you to join us!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking compassionate Care Assistants to care for a young man living with complex care needs in his own home within the centre of Exeter.
As a Care Assistant, you will assist our service user with a variety of life-enhancing tasks to enable him to live as independently as possible. You will support with clinical requirements, personal care, monitoring for signs of seizures, fill seizure and MAR charts and any additional services needed.
We have an exclusive 'same day pay' service that allows healthcare staff to withdraw up to 50% of the value of your shift in the same day by submitting their timesheets before 5pm! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
What makes Newcross different?
Working us gives you access to organised rotas set in advance to suit you, free specialised training programs earned through credits as you work and a minimum hours guarantee available as part of our permanent contracts.
You will be providing care to a young man living with a learning disability, epilepsy and additional complex care needs. You will accompany our service users to trips and to local groups with another member of staff.
- Salary of up to £11.99/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free specialised training programs earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
Your local team will be based in Exeter, and covers a wide area of East Devon, including Crediton, Exmouth, Sidmouth, Honiton, Axminster and Okehampton.
You can find us at 31-33 Southernhay East, located in the city centre, close to the cathedral and Exeter train station.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months
- Have access to a smart device, with internet access to manage your rotas
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Apply now and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.