Care Assistant - Personalised Care
Located on the first floor of Oxford Place in the heart of the city and close to the train station, the Norwich branch is proudly the first branch opened in the east of England.
We are looking for healthcare professionals like you!
So come and join Newcross! We are seeking professional Care Assistants to care for our service users living with complex care needs in their own homes within Ipswich and the surrounding areas.
What will I be doing?
In the role of Care Assistant, you will admininister person-centred care to service users living in their own homes with various complex care needs and requirements. You will champion their needs above all else and engage in tasks that are in line with their personal care plan.
Tasks might include posture care, PEG, medication support, meal preparation, social activities and any other additional services needed.
Why Choose Newcross?
- Minimum hours guarantee of 20 hours of work per week
- Organised rotas set up to 4 weeks in advance to suit your ongoing commitments
- Free specialist training programs earned through credits as you work
Our unique flexible app feature allows you to withdraw up to 50% of the value of your shift on the same day! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Perks at Work, our employee discount scheme, gives you access to over 30,000 discounts at over 80 UK retailers.
Newcross offers a variety of free training programs covering a variety of topics and all accessed through credits earned as you work.
These include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Dementia Care, Epilepsy, PEG, Medication Administration and many more.
- Salary of up to £14.80/hr including holiday pay
- Perks at Work
- Permanent flexible contract
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Flexi Pay - Access up to 50% of the value of your shift on the same day!
- Free ongoing training and development programs through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Access to discounts within high street retailers across the UK through our Perks at Work scheme
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!
Click apply and submit your application today!
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way