Care Assistant - Personalised Care
Do you want to join a friendly team?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking experienced Care Assistants to provide care to service users living with complex care needs in their own homes within Ipswich and the surrounding areas.
We are also additionally looking for male drivers to work within central Ipswich.
As a Care Assistant, you will be caring for service users with a range of complex care needs and providing high-quality care and support at all times. You will support with personal care tasks, medication support, posture care, PEG and feeding care, meal preparation, social activities and any additional services needed.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or working in a supporting role you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Working with us gives you exclusive access to up to 50% of the value of your shift within the same day by simply submitting your timesheets before 5pm! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Skills & Development
Newcross Healthcare gives you the opportunity to develop your existing skill set with a wide range of free training programs earned through credits as you work. These will include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Epilepsy, Dementia Care, Medication Administration and many more.
Work with us!
- Minimum hours guarantee within your contracts
- Set rotas organised in advance to suit you
- Free specialised training programs earned through credits as you work
Our fantastic Norwich branch is based at 7/13 Orford Place, just a short walk from Norwich train station. The first Newcross branch in the east of England, we're now able to deliver the Newcross standard of person-centred care to clients across Norfolk.
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!
- Salary of up to £14.80/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent flexible contract
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free ongoing training and development through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Perks at Work - 30,000 discounts within high street retailers
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
You will benefit from our interview via video call! Rather than having to travel to an interview, you will be able to talk from the comfort of your own home.
Apply now and a friendly member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.