Care Assistant - Personal Home Carer
Do you want to change someone's life?
As a Care Assistant in Calbourne, Ryde and the surrounding areas of the Isle of Wight, you'll have the rewarding role of bringing a smile to the faces of the people you care for.
Each day, your duties will vary. Tasks can include anything from assisting residents with their food and drink, following care plans, aiding with posture care and getting them involved in social activities. You'll work as part of a small team of health and social care workers in the homes of our clients.
To apply for this rewarding role, you will need to have a minimum of 3 months of prior experience in a professional care setting or caring for a loved one. This will ensure you have an emotional and clinical understanding of what it takes to deliver home care.
You'll need to be an approachable and understanding people person, ready to become a key part of your service users' support network. You may need to assist clients with limited mobility, however, if you do not have a valid Moving and Handling certificate, we can provide relevant training modules for you to complete in the induction process. Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not required, as is the right to work in the UK.
Flexi Pay gives you the option to instantly withdraw an advance of up to 50% of the value of their existing shifts even on weekends and bank holidays! Simply submit your timesheets through our app.
What you'll get in return
- A competitive remuneration of £12.70 per hour, including holiday pay for day shifts in Calbourne
- A competitive remuneration of £12.70 per hour, including holiday pay for shifts in Ryde
- Instant pay with Flexi Pay, which means you'll never need to wait for payday again
- Fixed hours on a rota basis so you can plan ahead
- Free, ongoing clinical training to support you in your career
- Care for the caregiver with exclusive access to appointments and advice from NHS-registered GPs via a Virtual GP app and mental health support