Care Assistant - Personalised Care
Your friendly Isle of Wight branch are based at 42 Quay Street, by the River Medina.
We are looking for people like you that want to make a difference!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Care Assistants to care for our service users with complex care needs living in Calbourne, Ryde and the surrounding areas of the Isle of Wight.
As a Care Assistant, you will provide dedicated care and support to our service users with various complex requirements. You will assist with personal care, clinical needs, meal preparation, feeding and peg care and any additional services that will allow service users to live as independently as possible.
It is highly desirable that applicants have previous experience of caring for service users with tracheostomy, ventilation, spinal injury, epilepsy and angina.
Work with us!
- Organised rotas set up to 4 weeks in advance to suit you
- Minimum hours guarantee within our permanent contracts
- Free training programs earned through credits as you work and with various topics to choose from
Flexi Pay app feature!
With Newcross, healthcare staff have the option to access up to 50% of the value of your shift on the same day through our HealthForceGo® app. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course within the last 12 months - or you are willing to complete one with Newcross Healthcare
- Access to a smartphone or device, with internet access to manage your rotas and payslips via our HealthForceGo app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or working in a supporting role you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
- Salary of up to £11.00/hr including holiday pay for day shifts in Calbourne
- Salary of up to £10.00/hr including holiday pay for shifts in Ryde
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free client specific training
- Free specialised training programs earned through credits as you work
- 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
- Various discounts available within high street retailers nationwide
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
Submit your application and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will be sure to assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.