Care Assistant - Personal Home Carer - Adults
Do you want to join a friendly and welcoming team?
We're recruiting Care Assistants to join our health and social care team in the Isle of Wight and surrounding areas, delivering quality care in the home. This role involves working as part of a small team to support people with day-to-day activities, in line with their individual care plans. This includes helping with personal care, clinical needs, feeding and PEG care, social activities, meal preparation and any additional duties required.
Shifts patterns: 2 to 3 nights per week as well as additional shifts needed during the holidays.
With Flexi Pay, healthcare employees have the ability to immediately withdraw up to 50% of the value of their completed shifts when they submit their timesheets via our app, HealthForceGo. It even includes weekends and bank holidays.
Benefits at Newcross
- A competitive pay package of £11.85 per hour, including holiday pay
- A facility to instantly withdraw your pay
- Free uniform and DBS check
- Fixed hours on a rota basis
- Access to Newcross World, the new immersive learning experience where you can manage skills, learn new ones and unlock new opportunities in the care sector
- Access to NHS registered GPs and mental health support to avoid waiting for NHS appointments
You will need
You'll already have a minimum of 3 months experience under your belt and hold a valid Moving and Handling certificate. We do also accept candidates with experience in caring for a loved one. The right to work in the UK is a must. As well as excellence in care, we also need you to demonstrate our core values of positivity, trustworthiness, respectfulness, understanding, kindness, and calmness on every shift.
Access to your own mode of transport would be beneficial.
Please note: To work in a care home in England from 11 November 2021, the post holder is required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 unless clinically exempt.