Care Assistant - Personalised Care
Make a difference!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking experienced Care Assistants to care for our service users living with complex care needs in their own homes within Newton Abbot and the surrounding areas.
As a Care Assistant, you will provide care and support to our service users with complex care needs. You will assist with personal care, medication support, feeding and PEG care, meal preparation, social activities and any additional services needed.
There are opportunities for candidates to work from 22:00 to 07:00 with pay rates up to £11.99 p/hr and from 08:30 to 12:30 and 13:30 to 20:00 with pay rates up to £13.95 p/hr.
Working with us gives you exclusive access to an advance of up to 50% of the value of your shift within the same day by simply submitting your timesheets before 5pm! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months
- Have access to a smartphone, with internet access to manage your rotas
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
- Salary of up to £13.95/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Perks at Work - 30,000 discounts within high street retailers in the UK
- Free specialised training programs earned through credits as you work
- 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team and a clinical governance team
Choose our team!
With us, you have the opportunity to access a minimum hours guarantee as part of your permanent contract, organised rotas set up to 4 weeks in advance to fit around your existing schedule and a variety of free training programs earned through credits as you work.
Your local branch is based in Torquay. First opened in 1996, Torquay is our first ever branch and remains the flagship to this day. We've expanded from this office to over 57 branches across the UK, so if you'd like to join our ever growing team, please apply today.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Submit your application now and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.