Care Assistant - Personal Home Carer
Do you want to make a difference?
As a Care Assistant in Totnes, Bishopsteignton and the surrounds, you'll be the person that brings smiles to the faces of the people in our care. You'll be responsible for supporting personal care tasks, feeding and PEG care, clinical needs, social activities and any other services needed. You'll work as part of a small team of health and social care workers in the homes of our clients.
You'll already have a minimum of 3 months experience under your belt and hold a valid Moving and Handling certificate. We do also accept candidates with experience of caring for a loved one. The right to work in the UK is a must. As well as excellence in care, we also need you to demonstrate our core values of positivity, trustworthiness, respectfulness, understanding, kindness, and calmness on every shift.
1. You'll be covering 24 hour shifts (10am to 10pm) and a sleep shifts caring for a young woman living in Totnes. Prior experience in assisting service users with learning disabilities and autism but training will also be provided for this role.
2. You'll be assisting an elderly service user living in the Bishopsteignton area and experience caring for service users with dementia is desirable. The shifts for the role are 07:00-12.00, 07:00-13:00, 10:00-14:00 or 11:00-17:00.
- A competitive pay package of £9.83 per hour, including holiday pay
- Instant pay with Flexi Pay
- Fixed hours, determined by a rota
- Free ongoing training and development courses
- Access to NHS registered GPs and mental health support to avoid waiting for NHS appointments
- Free DBS and uniform
Flexi Pay gives you the ability to instantly access up to 50% of the value of your existing shifts even on weekends and bank holidays! Simply submit your timesheets through our app.