Care Assistant - Personal Home Carer Children
Join our rewarding healthcare team
As a Care Assistant in Gloucester, Cheltenham, Cirencester, Gloucestershire and the surrounds, you'll play a vital role in safeguarding and supporting the vulnerable people in your local community during these unprecedented times. This role involves caring for children with a range of complex healthcare needs, including brain or spinal injuries, MS, Epilepsy, Parkinson's, physical and learning disabilities. Our full-time nurses will provide clinical training.
Part-time and full-time positions are available, with shifts including 8am-1pm, 5pm-10pm and long days 09:00-21:00 or 08.00-20:00.
Complex care roles with Newcross provide you with a unique chance to take on new responsibilities and receive specialist clinical training areas such as PEG feeding and tracheostomy care.
What is Flexi Pay?
Get instant access to up to 50% of the value of your existing shifts, even on weekends and bank holidays. All managed through our app, HealthForceGo.
- A competitive pay package of £17.67 per hour, including holiday pay
- Get instant pay with our Flexi Pay service
- Fixed hours, determined by a rota, so you can your free time ahead
- Free ongoing training courses and specialist apprenticeships to take your career in the direction of your choosing
- Access to NHS registered GPs and mental health support to avoid waiting for NHS appointments
- Free DBS and uniform
You'll already have a minimum of 3 months experience under your belt and hold a valid Moving and Handling certificate. We do also accept candidates with experience of caring for a loved one. The right to work in the UK is a must, as is access to a smart device. Access to your own vehicle would be beneficial.
As well as excellence in care, we also need you to demonstrate our core values of positivity, trustworthiness, respectfulness, understanding, kindness, and calmness on every shift.