Care Assistant - Personalised Care
We are looking for you!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking dedicated Care Assistants to care for a service user living with Muscular Dystrophy in Hastings.
The shifts for this position are for 4 nights per week from Sunday to Wednesday.
The caring position
As a Care Assistant, you will care for our service service users living with complex care requirements. You will assist with personal care, medication support, feeding and PEG care, daily living activities, clinical needs, social activities and any additional services required.
It is highly desirable that candidates have prior experience with Cough assist and Bipap but we can provide additional training.
Our Flexi Pay app feature allows over 75,000 healthcare staff to decide when they want to get paid. All you need to do is submit your timesheets before 5pm and receive up to 50% of the value of your shift within the same day! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
You can develop your skill set with us!
Further your career with a comprehensive range of free training programs earned through credits as you work and with various topics to choose from. Topics include Medication Administration, Dementia Care, Basic Life Support, PEG, Epilepsy, End of Life care and many more.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current workplace, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross
- You will need access to a Smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not mandatory
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Why join our Newcross team?
We provide you with permanent contracts with a minimum hours guarantee, free specialised training programs earned through credits as you work and organised rotas set in advance to fit around your existing commitments.
- Salary of up to £15.91/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.