Care Assistant - Personalised Care
Our fantastic Norwich branch is based at 7/13 Orford Place, just a short walk from Norwich train station.
Do you want to make a difference?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Care Assistants to care for our service users living with complex care needs in their own homes within Thetford, Diss and the surrounding areas.
The first Newcross branch in the east of England, we're now able to deliver the Newcross standard of person-centred care to clients across Norfolk.
What will I be doing?
- Providing person-centred care to service users living in their own homes
- Giving life-enhancing care align with personal care plans
- Aiding in daily living tasks
- Meal preparation
- Medication support
- Social integration activities
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or working in a supporting role you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Withdraw up to 50% of the value of your shift on the same day you work it with Flexi Pay! Simply submit your timesheets by 5pm and choose when you're paid. (Including weekends and bank holidays)
Perks at Work
Get discounts of up to 30,000 at 80 different UK retailers nationwide with our employee discount scheme!
- Salary of up to £14.80/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent flexible contract
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Flexi Pay - Access up to 50% of the value of your shift on the same day!
- Free ongoing training and development programs through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Access to discounts within high street retailers across the UK through our Perks at Work scheme
Successful candidates will be able to enhance their careers with a variety of free training programs covering a variety of topics and all accessed through credits earned as you work. These include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Dementia Care, Epilepsy, PEG, Medication Administration and many more.
Why choose us?
- Minimum hours guarantee of 20 hours of work per week
- Organised rotas set up to 4 weeks in advance to suit your ongoing commitments
- Free specialist training programs earned through credits as you work
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!
If this sounds like you, apply now and a member of our team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.