Care Assistant - Personal Home Carer
We are looking for an individual with a true passion for person-centred care
Join our health and social care team today! As a Care Assistant in Torbay and the surrounding areas, you'll be the person that brings smiles to the faces of the people in our care. This role is a chance to make a real difference in people's lives - without your support, they may live a life constrained to specialist units or hospitals.
Your duties will vary, including assisting residents with personal care, tracheostomy care, CPAP, BiPAP, cough assist and any additional services required. This role involves day and night shifts, working in the homes of our clients.
Why join Newcross?
- An hourly rate of up to £13.15, including holiday pay
- Instant pay with Flexi Pay, which means you'll never need to wait for payday again
- Fixed hours on a rota basis so you can plan ahead
- Access to Newcross World, the new innovative learning experience
- Care for the caregiver with exclusive access to appointments and advice from NHS-registered GPs via a Virtual GP app and mental health support
- Free uniform and DBS
Healthcare staff have the option to instantly access up to 50% of the value of their existing shifts when they submit their timesheets via our bespoke app, HealthForceGo! Weekends and bank holidays are also included.
You'll be a dedicated carer with at least 3 months of experience caring professionally or for a loved one. You'll also have a valid certificate in Moving and Handling and the right to live and work in the UK. Passion and determination to bring comfort and joy to our service users is a must. We also expect you to demonstrate our core values of positivity, trustworthiness, respectfulness, understanding, kindness, and calmness on every shift.
You will need access to a smart device with an internet connection to use our handy app HealthForceGo. Access to your own vehicle would be beneficial but is not a requirement.