Care Assistant - Brain Injury
Carers change lives!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Care Assistants to care for our service users living with brain injuries within their own homes in Worcester, Kidderminster and the surrounding areas.
This role will include assisting with personal care to our service users as part of 48 hour shifts including two night sleeping.
We have an innovative HealthForceGo® app that allows healthcare staff to withdraw up to 50% of your pay each day through our exclusive Flexi Pay feature! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Our caring position
As a Care Assistant, you will assist a variety of service users with brain injuries and various complex care requirements. The tasks that you will be supporting with include personal care, daily living activities, meal preparation, medication support, social activities and any additional services needed.
You will be required to have prior experience of providing care to adults with brain injuries for this role.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months
- Have access to a smart device, with internet access to manage your rotas
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or working in a supporting role you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
- Salary of up to £15.96/hr including holiday pay
Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Perks at Work scheme with 30,000 discounts to pick from
- Organised rotas set in advance to suit you
- Free client specific training provided
- Access our exclusive training programs, broadening your clinical knowledge
- 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Benefit from access to a Virtual GP service for consultations, advice and prescriptions*
- Mental health support* including phone and face-to-face consultations
- Interview from the comfort of your own home
*Provided in collaboration with a Medicash healthcare plan. Eligible after working 180 hours or the successful completion of a 6 month probationary period.
Your local team
Worcester branch is located at 9-10 The Tything in Worcester city centre. Just up the road from Worcester Foregate Street train station, and along the A38, we are easily accessible via most modes of transport.
Work with our Newcross team!
- Organised rotas set up to 4 weeks in advance to suit your ongoing needs and commitments
- Free specialised training programs earned through credits as you work
- Minimum of 20 hours of work guaranteed per week
The next steps!
Simply submit your application now and a member of our recruitment team will be in contact
Join our friendly and supportive community.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.