Care Assistant - Brain Injury
Worcester branch is located at 9-10 The Tything in Worcester city centre. Just up the road from Worcester Foregate Street train station, and along the A38, we are easily accessible via most modes of transport.
Join our welcoming team today!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking experienced Care Assistants to care for our service users living with brain injuries within their own homes in Worcester, Kidderminster and the surrounding areas.
For this position, you will be providing personal care in 48 hour shifts including two night sleeping.
As a Care Assistant, you will provide care and support to our service users with a variety of complex care needs and requirements. You will assist with personal care, posture care, medication support, feeding and PEG care, clinical needs, meal preparation, social integration activities and any additional services required.
You will need to have previous experience of caring for adults with brain injuries.
Our HealthForceGo® app allows our healthcare staff to access an advance of up to 50% of the value of their shifts within the same day by simply submitting your timesheets before 5pm! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Why work with our team?
Working with us gives staff the opportunity to work set rotas organised in advance, free specialised training programs earned through credits as you work and a minimum of 20 hours of work guaranteed per week to suit your commitments.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months
- Have access to a smart device, with internet access to manage your rotas
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
- Salary of up to £15.96/hr including holiday pay
Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Access our exclusive training programs, broadening your clinical knowledge
- 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
- 30,000 discounts within various high street retailers
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or working in a supporting role you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Apply today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.