Care Assistant - Children
Care for vulnerable children today!
Join Newcross today as a Care Assistant in Shrewsbury and the surroundings. You will love the variety that comes with working alongside a small health and social care team to provide person-centred care in the homes of our service users. This role requires you to assist children with school support, aiding a child to school via transport, personal care, tracheostomy care, accompanying them home and medication in school setting.
Our ideal candidate will have prior experience of tracheostomy but full training will be given.
This is a term only package of care although more hours are available in additional packages of care during the holidays.
The ideal candidate
You'll have at least 3 months of experience of caring professionally or for a loved one, a valid certificate in Moving and Handling and the right to work in the UK. A You will need access to a smartphone device with internet connection.
You will need to be a driver.
Please note: To work in a care home in England from 11 November 2021, the post holder is required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 unless clinically exempt.
Why join Newcross?
- An hourly rate of up to £13.11, including holiday pay
- Get paid as soon as you finish a shift with instant Flexi Pay
- Fixed hours on a rota basis so you can plan ahead
- Access to Newcross World, a new world of learning, to manage skills, learn new ones and unlock new opportunities in the care sector
- Access to virtual appointments with NHS registered GPs and mental health support
- Free DBS and uniform
Instantly access up to 50% of your current shifts value, even on weekends and bank holidays! This is all done via our easy to use app, HealthForceGo.