Care Assistant - Personalised Care
We are looking for people like you to form part of our team!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Care Assistants to care for our service users with complex care needs living in their own homes in Dereham, Fakenham, Swaffham, Swanton Morley and the larger Norfolk area.
A Care Assistant is responsible for providing care to our service users living with complex care needs in their own homes. You will assist with personal care, PEG care, medication support, clinical needs, social activities and any additional services required.
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!
What is Flexi Pay?
We give our healthcare staff access to up to 50% of the value of your shift within the same day! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current workplace, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross
- You will need access to a Smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not mandatory
What makes our Newcross team different?
Working with us allows you to take advantage of a minimum hours guarantee of 20 hours of work per week, organised set rotas up to 4 weeks in advance to suit your needs and free training programs earned through credits as you work.
Benefit from a broad catalogue of free training programs designed to broaden your skill set and all earned through credits as you work. Topics include Basic Life Support, Safeguarding Adults, End of Life, Epilepsy, PEG, Dementia Care and many more.
- Salary of up to £14.80/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent flexible contract
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Your Norwich branch will be located at 7/13 Orford Place, just a short walk from Norwich train station.
Submit your application now and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If for any reason you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities for all.