Care Assistant - Personalised Care
We are looking for carers like you!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking comapssionate Care Assistants to care for our service users living with complex care needs in their own homes within Brighton, Lewes, Burgess Hill, Haywards Heath and the surrounding areas.
The caring position
As a Care Assistant, you will care and support our service users with differing complex care needs in line with their existing personal care plans. You will provide dedicated assistance with personal care, feeding and PEG care, meal preparation, integration activities in their local communities and any additional services needed.
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
Why work with us?
- Organised rotas set in advance to suit you
- Minimum hours guarantee as part of your permanent contract
- Free specialised training programs earned through credits as you work
We offer healthcare staff the opportunity to benefit from 'same day pay' through our HealthForceGo® app feature by enabling them to withdraw up to 50% of the value of their shifts by submitting their timesheets before 5pm (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Benefits will include
- Salary of up to £15.18/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay
- Perks at Work - 30,000 discounts available
- Flexi Pay - Our innovative app feature!
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Minimum hours guarantee of 20 hours of work per week
- Organised rotas set up to 4 weeks in advance
- Free client specific training
- Free ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Train with us!
We have a variety of free training programs covering different topics and all earned through credits earned as you work. Topics will include Basic Life Support, Medication Administration, Epilepsy, End of Life Care, Dementia Care and many more.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current workplace, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross
- You will need access to a Smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not mandatory
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
You can find our Eastbourne branch on the southeast coast of England, Newcross Healthcare's Eastbourne branch provides the East Sussex region with qualified care assistants, care workers and nurses.