Care Assistant - Personalised Care
Do you want to make a real difference to someone's life?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Care Assistants to care for service users living with complex care needs in their homes within Portsmouth, Fareham, Gosport, Waterlooville, Hayling Island and the surrounding areas.
Your New Role
As a Personal Care Assistant your responsibilities will include; personal care and support to our service users, helping with clinical requirements, social activities and any other additional services that will enable dignified and independent living.
The ideal candidate will be compassionate, positive and calm when faced with the odd challenge.
Your Local Team
Your closest Newcross branch is based in South Street, just a short distance from Chichester Cathedral and Chichester train station.
Same Day Pay
Do you find unexpected costs effect your life? Newcross Healthcare can remove some of the stresses of last minute expenses by offering you Flexi Pay! Our app feature allows you to withdraw 'same day pay' for up to 50% of the value of your shift.
Simply digitally submit your timesheet and you can choose when you withdraw your pay! Weekends and bank holidays are also included.
Training and Development
Successful applicants will be able to enrol in free training programmes! These will provide multiple opportunities to develop your skills and learn new things about the Healthcare Industry. Simply earn training credit with every hour worked and you can use them in exchange for enrolment in a wide variety of courses.
Topics include Medication Administration, PEG, Epilepsy, Dementia Care, Safeguarding Adults and many more.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Perks Of Newcross
- Salary of up to £15.09/hr including holiday pay
- Flexi Pay - Same day pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Up to 30,000 discounts in retailers nationwide
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support of a local line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Change someone's life and join us!
- Set rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance
- Permanent contract with a minimum hours guarantee
You Will Require:
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a similar care environment within the UK
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employment in the past 3 years
- Certification to confirm your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months - or you are willing to complete one with Newcross Healthcare
- You will need access to a smartphone or device - iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rotas and timesheets on our HealthForceGo app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not mandatory
Take The Next Steps...
All you need to do is submit your application and a friendly member of our recruitment team will be in contact soon.
You will have the option to do the interview via video call! This way you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home without having to travel to an interview.
Join Us Now!
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and we will endeavour to assist you in your application. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities for all.