Care Assistant - Personal Home Carer
Have you got the skills to help others?
Join Newcross today as a Care Assistant in Telford, Shrewsbury, Oswestry Market Drayton, Newton, Ludlow and the surrounds
Your duties will include:
- Aiding our service users with personal care tasks
- Helping them with eating and drinking
- Assisting them with socialising and any additional services they may need
You will be a part of a team of health and social care workers, delivering care to our service users in their own home. This is a very rewarding role with a lot of perks.
Perks at work
- Salary of up to £17.63, including holiday pay
- The ability to get paid instantly
- Fixed hours on a rota basis
- Free DBS and uniform
- Access to Newcross World, a new world of learning, to manage skills, learn new ones and unlock new opportunities in the care sector
- Access to appointments with NHS-registered GPs through a Virtual GP app
- Face to face and telephone counselling to help you when life gets tough
What is Flexi Pay?Healthcare staff have the opportunity to choose when they get paid! Simply submit your timesheets through our app and you'll gain instant access up to 50% of the value of your existing shifts even on weekends and bank holidays.
Skills you must have
You'll already have a minimum of 3 months experience under your belt within the UK and hold a valid Moving and Handling certificate. We do also accept candidates with experience of caring for a loved one.The right to work in the UK is a must. As well as excellence in care, we also need you to demonstrate our core values of positivity, trustworthiness, respectfulness, understanding, kindness and calmness on every shift. You will need a smartphone device with internet connection.
You'll need to be a driver.
Please note: To work in a care home in England from 11 November 2021, the post holder is required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 unless clinically exempt.