Care Assistant - Personalised Care
Do you want to make a positive difference to someone's life?
Newcross Healthcare is searching to recruit dedicated and hard-working Care Assistants to care for adults and children with learning disabilities and complex care needs in their own homes within Worthing, Littlehampton and the surrounds.
Become a Care Assistant
As a Care Assistant, you will provide care and support to adults and children with learning disabilities and complex care needs. You will support them with personal care, meal preparation, posture care, feeding and PEG care, medication support, social activities and any additional services needed.
Compassion and empathy are some of the traits that are required to succeed in this demanding, but extremely rewarding profession.
We offer our Complex Care Assistants rotas organised up to 4 week in advance so you can feel secure in organising your schedule around your shifts!
Learn With Newcross
With Newcross, you'll benefit from our many free training courses which will allow you to gain useful knowledge and skills for your caring role, having the opportunity to evolve and progress in your career journey with us. All of these clinical programs are earned through credits as you work and are developed by our Clinical Governance team.
Do you find unexpected costs effect your life? Newcross Healthcare can remove some of the stresses of last minute expenses by offering you Flexi Pay! Our app feature allows you to withdraw 'same day pay' for up to 50% of the value of your shift.
Simply digitally submit your timesheet and you can choose when you withdraw your pay! Weekends and bank holidays are also included.
What We Can Offer You
- Salary of up to £12.27/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Same day pay app feature named Flexi Pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Perks at Work - 30,000 discounts in high street retailers nationwide
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support of a local line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
You Will Need To Have:
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a similar care environment within the UK
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employment in the past 3 years
- Certification to confirm your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months - or you are willing to complete one with Newcross Healthcare
- You will need access to a smartphone or device - iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rotas and timesheets on our HealthForceGo app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not mandatory
Your Local Branch - Our friendly local team are based in South Street, just a short distance from Chichester Cathedral and Chichester train station.
Take The Next Steps
To begin your career with Newcross today, simply click 'Apply' to submit your online application. A member of our dedicated in-house recruitment team will call you to discuss the role further. We look forward to speaking to you!
Our applicants now have access to video interviewing! Rather than having to travel to an interview, they can talk to us from the comfort of their own home.
Join Today and Become Part Of The Newcross Team!
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and we will endeavour to assist you in your application. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities for all.