Care Assistant - Personalised Care
We want carers like you to join us and make a difference!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking dedicated Care Assistants to care for adults and children with learning disabilities and complex care needs in their own homes within Worthing, Littlehampton and the surrounding areas.
As a Care Assistant, you will provide care and support to adults and children with learning disabilities and complex care needs. You will support them with personal care, meal preparation, posture care, feeding and PEG care, medication support, social activities and any additional services needed.
Our applicants have now access to video interviewing, rather than having to travel to an interview, they can talk to us from the comfort of their own home.
Newcross Healthcare has a new app feature that enables healthcare staff to withdraw up to 50% of the value of your shift within the same day! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Work with us!
- Organised rotas set in advance to suit you!
- Minimum hours guaranteed within your permanent contracts
- Free specialised training programs earned through credits as you work
Develop your skill set!
We provide you with access to a wide variety of free training programs earned through credits as you work. Topics covered include Basic Life Support, Medication Administration, BSL or Makaton, Dementia Care, Safeguarding Adults and many more.
- Salary of up to £12.27/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Perks at Work - 30,000 discounts in high street retailers nationwide
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support of a local line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a similar care environment within the UK
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employment in the past 3 years
- Certification to confirm your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months - or you are willing to complete one with Newcross Healthcare
- You will need access to a smartphone or device - iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rotas and timesheets on our HealthForceGo app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not mandatory
Our friendly branch are based in South Street, just a short distance from Chichester Cathedral and Chichester train station.
Apply now and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and we will endeavour to assist you in your application. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities for all.