Care Assistants - Days
We want to make a difference!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Care Assistants to cover day shifts providing care to adults living with complex care needs in their own homes in Plymouth.
As a Care Assistant, you will provide care and support to adults with complex care requirements. You will provide assistance with personal care, feeding and PEG care, medication support, clinical needs, social activities and any additional services that will enable service users to live as independently as possible.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or working in a supporting role you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience
- You will need a valid practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or a willingness to book on to a course with Newcross
- Have access to a smart device, with internet access to manage your rotas
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
What is Flexi Pay?
Our HealthForceGo® app feature Flexi Pay, allows you to receive up to 50% of the value of your shifts within the very same day (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Develop your skills!
Healthcare staff have the chance to broaden their skill set with a broad range of free training programs earned through credits as you work. Topics include Basic Life Support, Medication Administration, Dementia Care, Epilepsy, BSL or Makaton, Dementia Care and many more.
- Salary of up to £13.75/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- FREE criminal record check (DBS) and FREE uniform
- Structured shifts available within a two week set rota
- Minimum hours guarantee available within our permanent contracts
- Free specialised training programs earned through credits as you work
- 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team and a clinical governance team
- 30,000 discounts in retailers nationwide through our 'Perks at Work' scheme
Your new branch is located on the south Devon coast and allows Newcross Healthcare to provide the South Devon and North Cornwall region with qualified nurses, care workers and care assistants.
Submit your application now and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.