We are looking for an individual with a true passion for person-centred care
Our branch are situated in Crouch Street, close to Colchester Town train station and the Natural History Museum
Newcross Healthcare are seeking dedicated Care Assistants to join our team in delivering professional care and support to our service users living in Colchester, Mersea Island, East Mersea and the surroundings.
As a Newcross Care Assistant, you will be responsible for:
- Providing everyday care to clients
- Focusing on personal hygiene, mental stimulation and general well-being
- Managing clients' care logs and medical requirements
- Encouraging integration and participation within the local community
Our ideal candidate will be a dedicated and compassionate healthcare professional who will uphold our caring philosophy, always with a person-centred focus, whilst promoting the dignity and independence of our service users.
- Salary of up to £11.78 per hour including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
- Interview via video call - you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home without having to travel to an interview
- Flexible hours - choose full or part time hours to fit in with your commitments
- Perks at Work - Access 30,000 discounts from high street retailers
Newcross will help in your career progression, offering over 200 training programmes to ensure that you always have the opportunity to evolve in your role, learn new skills and progress even further.
Furthermore, we've launched our exciting new flexible pay scheme, 'Flexi Pay', which enables our healthcare staff to access 'same day pay' via our innovative app HealthForceGo.
What you will need to succeed
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous care experience in a similar care role
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability
- Certification confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or you are willing to complete one with Newcross Healthcare
- You will need access to a Smart phone or device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rotas and timesheets via our app HealthForceGo
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Join Newcross Healthcare today!
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.