Our branch are situated in Crouch Street, close to Colchester Town train station and the Natural History Museum
We are looking for carers like you to join us and help us make a difference!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Care Assistants to care for our service users living in Colchester, Mersea Island, East Mersea and the surrounding areas.
As a Care Assistant, you will be providing care to service users and ensuring that they receive assistance with a variety of important tasks. You will assist them with personal care, clinical needs and requirements, social integration activities and any additional services required.
Newcross Healthcare allows healthcare staff to access an advance of up to 50% of the value of their shifts within the very same day! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Perks will include
- Salary of up to £11.78 per hour including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Flexible full time and part time hours with a variety of shifts available
- Perks at Work - 30,000 discounts at your fingertips!
- Flexi Pay
Free ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a supporting role you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Train with Newcross!
Joining us will give you an exclusive opportunity to upskill and take advantage of a variety of free training programs earned through credits as you work. The topics vary but include Basic Life Support, Dementia Care, Epilepsy, BSL or Makaton, End of Life Care, Safeguarding Adults and many more.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous care experience in a similar care role
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability
- Certification confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or you are willing to complete one with Newcross Healthcare
- You will need access to a Smart phone or device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rotas and timesheets via our app HealthForceGo
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!
Simply submit your application today and friendly member of our recruitment team will be in touch shortly
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.