Care Assistant - End of life
Your Bristol local branch is based in the heart of the city in Colston Tower on Colston Street just a short walk from Temple Meads train station, and is easily accessible by public transport.
Do you have a passion for person-centred care?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Care Assistants to care for our service users at the end of their lives living in their own homes within Wells, Frome, Shepton Mallet and the surrounding areas.
This position has waking night shifts from 22:00 to 07:00.
In this role...
You will provide personalised care to service users at the end of their lives. You will assist with daily living activities, administering medication, continence care, clinical requirements and any additional services needed.
- Minimum 20 hours guarantee available
- Organised rotas set up to 4 weeks in advance
- Free training programs earned through credits as you work such as Makaton, End of Life care, PEG training and many more.
What is Flexi Pay?
Have access to up to 50% of the value of your shift within the same day with our new Flexi Pay app feature. Simply access the HealthForceGo app on your phone, submit your timesheets by 5pm, and choose when you get paid! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months - or you will complete one with Newcross Healthcare
- Access to a smartphone or device with internet access to manage your rotas and timesheets on our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
- Salary of up to £12.46/hr including holiday pay
- Flexi Pay
- Organized rotas
- A minimum work guarantee
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Training programs
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
- Up to 30,000 discounts to choose from with Perks at Work
Interview via video call! This way you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home without having to travel to an interview.