Care Assistant - End of life
Do you want to make a difference in someone's life?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking dedicated Care Assistants to provide person-centred care to our service users at the end of their lives who are living in their own homes in Weston-super-Mare, Yatton, Burnham-on-Sea and the surrounding areas.
The shifts for this role are waking nights from 22:00 to 07:00.
- Providing assistance with personal care, medication administration, monitoring symptoms, clinical needs, continence care, social integration activities and keeping medical records.
- Ensure to give care in line with Newcross Healthcare's values of trust, empathy, and expertise.
- Providing companionship to service users through listening and talking.
This 'same day pay service' allows our healthcare staff to access an advance of up to 50% of the value of their shifts within the same day! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- Salary of up to £13.41/hr including holiday pay
- Flexi Pay
- Specialised training programs
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Perks at Work
- 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
- A minimum of 20 hours of work guaranteed per week
- Organised rotas set 4 weeks in advance to suit your needs
- Perks at Work with up to 30,000 discounts to choose from
- Specialised training programs available through credits earned as you work
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous experience
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or you are willing to complete one with Newcross Healthcare
- Access to a smart phone or device, with internet access to manage your rotas on our HealthForceGo app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
Who are we?
Our Bristol branch is located in the heart of the city in Colston Tower on Colston Street just a short walk from Temple Meads train station, and is easily accessible by public transport.
Apply today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
Join us today!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.