Care Assistant - Female
We want a carers like you to join us and make a difference!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking dedicated Female Care Assistants to support our service users living with complex care needs in their own homes within Street, Yeovil and the surrounding areas.
As a Care Assistant, you will work with our service users with a variety of complex care needs in line with their personal care plans. You will be assisting with personal care, posture care, medication support, feeding and PEG care, social activities and any services needed.
Shifts for this role will include 24 hour shifts with 8 hours of sleep and sleep-in shifts.
Why join Newcross?
- Organised rotas set up to 4 weeks in advance to suit your needs
- Minimum hours guarantee available through our permanent contracts
- Free specialised training programs earned through credits as you work
Flexi Pay is a new feature available on the HealthForceGo® app that allows healthcare staff to withdraw up to 50% of the value of their shifts within the same day! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Your local branch is based in Houndstone Business Park, Yeovil. We provide first class healthcare professionals to a variety of South Somerset and Dorset locations, from Weymouth and Dorchester, up to Glastonbury and Street.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months
- Have access to a smartphone, with internet access to manage your rotas
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
- Salary of up to £11.25/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contracts
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Organised rotas set up to 4 weeks in advance
- Minimum of 20 hours of work guaranteed per week
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
- 30,000 discounts in high street retailers nationwide
- Benefit from access to a Virtual GP service for consultations, advice and prescriptions*
- Mental health support* including phone and face-to-face consultations
*Provided in collaboration with a Medicash healthcare plan. Eligible after working 180 hours or the successful completion of a 6 month probationary period.
The next steps
Apply now and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch shortly
Join us today!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.