Care Assistant - Female
Our local Truro team is based in Lemon Street, close to Truro Cathedral and just a short distance from Truro station.
We want people like you to join our team!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking dedicated Female Care Assistants to care for our service users with complex care needs in their own homes within the Constantine area of Falmouth.
As a Care Assistant, you will be responsible for providing assistance and support to service users with complex care needs. You will assist with personal care, feeding and PEG care, medication support, posture care, meal preparation and any additional services needed.
This role is for weekend shifts from 08:00 to 20:00 however, there are opportunities for candidates to work during the week.
Working with Newcross gives our healthcare staff exclusive access to an exclusive HealthForceGo® app feature, Flexi Pay. Submit your timesheets before 5pm and withdraw up to 50% of the value of your shift within the same day! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Skills & Development
Join our Newcross team today and benefit from a comprehensive range of free training programs covering various topics and all earned through credits as you work. These vary but include Basic Life Support, Epilepsy, Dementia Care, Medication Administration, BSL or Makaton and many more.
- Salary of up to £10.43/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Minimum of 20 hours of work guaranteed per week
- Set rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance to suit you
- 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
- 30,000 discounts within various high street retailers nationwide
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course within the last 12 months - or you are willing to complete this course with Newcross Healthcare
- Access to a smart phone or device with internet access to manage your rotas and payslips on our mobile app HealthForceGo
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
If you have a NVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
Apply now and a friendly member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way