Care Assistant - Female
Do you want to be a valuable new addition to our team?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking dedicated Female Care Assistants to care for a female service user with autism in her home in the Portsmouth area. If you are a compassionate and dedicated healthcare professional then this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
This role has various shifts available including Saturday and Sunday (12pm-4pm) and school holiday cover.
Become a Newcross Care Assistant
As a Care Assistant, you will ensure that the needs and requirements of our service users are met at all times. Your assistance will be required with personal care activities, social activities, clinical requirements and any additional activities that will encourage our service users to live as independently as they wish.
We are seeking individuals that have previous experience of providing care to service users with autism.
Our local Chichester team
You will become a member of the Chichester branch which is located at 62-63 South Street, close to Chichester Cathedral.
Flexi Pay app feature
Our fantastic Flexi Pay feature app provides you unmatched flexibility to choose when you get paid. Combined with digital timesheets & timecards, there is no need to wait for payday to come around.
Simply digitally submit your timesheet and you can choose when you withdraw up to 50% of your pay! Weekends and bank holidays are also included.
Develop your career with us!
At Newcross we want to offer our staff every opportunity to upskill and develop in their new role. We want to invest in our staff and commit to the continual development of our team. Earn training credits as you work and exchange them to be enrolled in a variety of different free training programmes.
Topics include Medication Administration, PEG, Epilepsy, Dementia Care, Safeguarding Adults and many more.
Exclusive benefits of Newcross
- Salary of up to £15.09/hr including holiday pay
- Flexi Pay - same day pay app feature
- Permanent flexible contract
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Up to 30,000 discounts as part of our 'Perks at Work' scheme
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support of a local line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
You willl be offered rotas organised up to 4 week in advance so you can feel secure in organising your schedule around your shifts!
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employment in the past 3 years
- Certification confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months - or you are willing to complete one with Newcross Healthcare
- You will need access to a smartphone or device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your timesheets and rotas on our HealthForceGo app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care role, you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Take the next steps
To become a member of the Newcross team and further your career in healthcare, click 'Apply' below to submit your online application. A member of our in-house recruitment team will give you a call shortly after. We look forward to speaking to you!
Apply today to change someone's life!
If for any reason you cannot apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way