Care Assistant - Female
Your new branch is located on the south Devon coast and allows Newcross Healthcare to provide the South Devon and North Cornwall region with qualified nurses, care workers and care assistants.
Do you want to make a difference?
Join our team today!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking experienced Female Care Assistants to cover days and waking night shifts caring for an adult living with complex care needs in a self-contained flat in the Stoke area of Plymouth.
As a Care Assistant, you will provide excellent care and support to adults with various complex care needs. You will support with personal care, medication support, feeding and peg care, feeding and PEG care, social activities and any additional services required to allow service users to live as independently as possible.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or working in a supporting role you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience
- You will need a valid practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or a willingness to book on to a course with Newcross
- Have access to a smart device, with internet access to manage your rotas
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
Same day pay service
Flexi Pay gives healthcare staff the chance to withdraw up to 50% of the value of your shifts within the same day through this exclusive app feature! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Newcross Healthcare gives you the opportunity to enhance your career with various free training programs earned through credits as you work. Topics covered include Basic Life Support, Dementia Care, Epilepsy, Medication Administration, Safeguarding Adults, PEG and many more.
- Salary of up to £12.27/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- FREE criminal record check (DBS) and FREE uniform
- Structured shifts within a two week rota
- Minimum hours guarantee with 20 hours of work per week
- Free training programs earned through credits as you work
- 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
- Perks at Work - 30,000 discounts within high street retailers nationwide
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
Apply now and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.