Care Assistant - Female
Are you a carer looking for ways to make a change?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking compassionate Female Care Assistants to cover waking night shifts providing care to children living with complex care needs in their own homes in Launceston, Callington and the surrounding areas.
As a Female Care Assistant, you will be responsible for caring for children with complex care needs. You will provide support with personal care, medication support, feeding and PEG care, meal preparation, social activities and any other services required.
It is highly desirable that you have previous experience of providing care to children with complex care requirements.
We provide healthcare staff with the opportunity of withdrawing up to 50% of the value of their shifts within the same day through our exclusive Flexi Pay app feature. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Working with Newcross gives you access to a catalogue of free specialised training programs earned through credits as you work. We cover a variety of different topics such as Basic Life Support, Medication Administration, Dementia Care, Epilepsy, End of Life Care, PEG, Safeguarding Adults and many more.
- Salary of up to £15.74/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- FREE criminal record check (DBS) and FREE uniform
- Minimum hours guarantee within our permanent contracts
- Two week rota with structured shifts available
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Free specialised training programs earned through credits as you work
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team
- Perks at Work - 30,000 discounts within high street retailers nationwide
The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience
- You will need a valid practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or a willingness to book on to a course with Newcross
- Have access to a smartphone, with internet access to manage your rotas
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Local Plymouth team
Our Plymouth branch is located on the south Devon coast and provides qualified nurses, care workers and care assistants to South Devon and North Cornwall.
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
Submit your application today and a friendly team member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.