Care Assistant - Female
Our Plymouth branch is located on the south Devon coast and provides qualified nurses, care workers and care assistants to South Devon and North Cornwall.
We want you to join our friendly team!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking experienced Female Care Assistants to cover day and waking night shifts providing care to adults living with complex care needs in their own homes in Launceston and the surrounding areas.
Shifts available for this position include day and waking night shifts.
As a Female Care Assistant, you will provide care and support to adults living with complex care needs within their own homes. Tasks that you will be assisting with include personal care, medication support, feeding and PEG care, posture care, meal preparation, social activities and any additional services needed.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience of providing care to service users with various complex care needs.
We have a unique 'same day pay service' that allows healthcare staff to access an advance of up to 50% of the value of their shifts in the same day (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- Salary of up to £12.27/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- FREE criminal record check (DBS) and FREE uniform
- Minimum hours guarantee with 20 hours of work per week
- Two week rota available with structured shifts
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Free training programs earned through credits as you work
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team
- 30,000 discounts within high street retailers in the UK
Newcross Healthcare provides you with the opportunity to develop your skill set with a wide variety of free training programs earned through credits as you work. We cover topics such as Basic Life Support, Dementia Care, Epilepsy, Medication Administration, End of Life Care, BSL or Makaton and many more.
The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience
- You will need a valid practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or a willingness to book on to a course with Newcross
- Have access to a smartphone, with internet access to manage your rotas
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or working in a supporting role you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.