Providing outstanding care is a rewarding experience, do you want to join us?
As a Care Assistant in Abingdon and the surrounding areas, you'll be responsible for making up beds, meal preparation, assisting service users with clinical needs, personal care, social integration activities and any additional duties required. Working for Newcross is an opportunity to become part of a supportive community of over 9,000 like-minded health and social care professionals.
Does this sound like you?
You'll need to be an understanding, patient and compassionate person, with a minimum of 3 months of paid experience from within the past 3 years in the UK under your belt, and the right to live and work in the UK. Experience in moving and handling clients and personal care is a must.
You'll need to have a real desire to always strive for the best possible outcome for the people you care for. You will also need a smart device with internet access to pick up shifts and submit timesheets via our app, HealthForceGo.
Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not required.
Please note: To work in a care home in England from 11 November 2021, the post holder is required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 unless clinically exempt.
You can enjoy
- A competitive remuneration of up to £13.19 per hour, including holiday pay
- Instant pay, using our in-app Flexi Pay feature
- Free uniform and DBS check
- Flexible shifts to suit your lifestyle, with part-time, full-time, day and night shift patterns available
- An immersive learning experience through Newcross World, our app-based training platform
- Access to NHS-registered GPs and mental health support to avoid waiting for NHS appointments
With Flexi Pay, you can immediately withdraw up to 50% of the money earned from your existing shifts, even on weekends and bank holidays. Available through the HealthForceGo app.