Newcross Healthcare's first branch in North Wales is based in Colwyn Bay and located on Station Road, opposite the town's train station.
We want carers like you to form part of our friendly team!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Care Assistants to care for our service users living in Anglesey and the surrounding areas.
What will I do?
As a Care Assistant, you will be providing care and support to our service users with various important daily living tasks. These will include personal care, clinical requirements, integration within their local community and any additional services needed.
This new Flexi Pay app feature gives you the chance to withdraw up to 50% of the value of your shift by simply submitting your timesheets before 5pm! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Develop your skill set!
Candidates will be able to broaden their skill set with a variety of free training programs earned through credits as you work. Topics will include Basic Life Support, Medication Administration, Dementia Care, End of Life Care, Safeguarding Adults and many more.
Why choose Newcross?
- Full time and part time hours with weekday, weekends and nights
- Perks at Work - 30,000 discounts in various retailers nationwide
- Free dedicated training programs earned through credits as you work
What will I need?
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to book on to a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
What will I benefit from?
- Salary of up to £12.47/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Flexi Pay feature with access to 50% of the value of your shift within the same day
- 30,000 discounts in a variety of high street retailers nationwide
- Free training and development programs earned through credits as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Interview via video call! This way you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home without having to travel to an interview.
Apply now and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.