Are you a carer looking to make a difference?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Care Assistants to care for our service users living in Barnsley and the surrounding areas.
As a Care Assistant, you will make sure that our service users receive assistance and support with a variety of different tasks. You will be responsible for assisting with personal care tasks, clinical requirements, social integration activities and any additional services needed.
Healthcare staff have the exclusive opportunity to access up to 50% of the value of your shift within the same day by simply submitting your timesheets before 5pm. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to book on to a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
Training & Development
Working with Newcross will give you an exclusive opportunity to develop your skill set with a wide range of free training programs earned through credits as you work. We cover topics such as Basic Life Support, Medication Administration, Dementia Care, End of Life Care, Safeguarding Adults and many more.
You will be part of the Sheffield Newcross branch which is located in St James House, Vicar Lane, close to the city centre.
This branch is in a prime location to provide the South Yorkshire and Pennines regions with healthcare professionals.
- Salary of up to £12.03/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free ongoing training and development available through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Apply today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!