People like you can make a difference!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Care Assistants to care for our service users living across Royal Tunbridge Wells, Tonbridge, Sevenoaks and the surrounding areas.
What will I do?
As a Care Assistant, you will be responsible for caring and supporting our service users with variety of important tasks. You will assist with personal care tasks, clinical requirements, social integration activities and any additional services required.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
What is Flexi Pay?
Our HealthForceGo® app feature allows healthcare staff to access an advance against their completed shifts and be paid within the same day! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
What will I benefit from?
- Salary of up to £12.93/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Ongoing training and development available free through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Successful candidates have the chance to develop their existing skill set with various free training programs earned through credits as you work. These include Basic Life Support, Medication Administration, Dementia Care, Epilepsy, BSL or Makaton and many more.
Why work with our Newcross team?
- Flexible full time and part time hours with weekday, night and weekend shifts to choose from
- Perks at Work - 30,000 discounts available within high street retailers in the UK
- A variety of free training programs earned through credits as you work
What will I need?
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross
- You will need access to a Smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable with many packages of care having agreed mileage payments
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!